How we're keeping your children safe
Keeping your children and our team safe, while they're on programme with us, is our top priority and we will continue to keep you informed of any changes that arise. Please note : we are in close contact with schools, so anything that impacts Youthtown as a result of their changes to plan, will be relayed to you.
We remain OPEN to support families and particularly those in essential services and we are keeping everyone safe by following all MoH, MoE and MSD guidelines that includes mental, besides physical wellbeing.
We also appreciate how important it is for children to retain normality and positivity during this time.
Our precautions to keep virus-free include :
- Cancelling day trips (see details on our blog)
- Reminders to everyone to not touch their face and to avoid physical contact (we have invented new games/activities)
- Staff and children’s hands are washed with soap and water for 20 seconds
- after coughs and sneezes (with clean tissues that go into the bin, or elbow)
- after attending the toilet
- after blowing noses
- before and after eating
- as well as 30 minute intervals during programme
- Regularly cleaning equipment and surfaces
- If feeling unwell (cold or flu-like symptoms)
- Staff, Tamariki and Caregivers are to stay home and not visit the Youthtown site
- If our Tamariki seem unwell, they will rest with a quiet activity, away from other children until their care-giver can collect them
- We suggest seeking medical advice and you can also contact Healthline on 0800 611 116
We continue to wish all of you safe keeping.