In 2012 Youthtown celebrates its 80th birthday as a youth organisation with a proud history of helping young people to develop their full potential.
Over the years, thousands of young people have passed through the doors of our Nelson Street base to learn new skills, meet new people and share social, physical and creative experiences. While some things have changed over the decades, our goal to develop young people has never wavered.
As part of our 80th celebrations we are launching something new – our Youthtown Alumni.
This is a special group of New Zealanders who share something in common – their connection and shared experiences of Youthtown in their youth. If you were an old boy or girl at Boystown (as we were known in the early years), or Youthtown (as we became in 1986), we’d love to hear from you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to join our Youthtown Alumni.
- Connect with old friends and Youthtown peers
- Reunite with our Youthtown staff
- Renew acquaintances
- Extend your social and business circles
- Discover more about Youthtown’s growth and achievements
- Share your own Youthtown journey and memories
Membership of Youthtown alumni is completely free of charge. Your member benefits include:
- Free leisure membership including use of Youthtown Nelson Street facilities (except gym) – includes pool, squash courts and basketball court
- 20% discount for annual gym membership at Youthtown Nelson Street
- 20% Holiday and After School discounts for children of Alumni members
- Invites to events including family days and Alumni-only events
- Regular updates from us. Members will receive our bi-annual Alumni newsletter and are invited to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter updates
- Alumni membership ID card (required for free access to Nelson Street leisure facilities)
- Latest Youthtown programme updates
Note: Alumni members authorise Youthtown to send information and updates to their contact details provided.
If you are currently 25 years or older and attended Youthtown as a child or young person on one or more of the following:
- As a member of one of our sports programmes or teams
- For a number of holiday programmes
- As a regular on our After School programme
- As a member of one of our youth squads
- A camp run by Youthtown
- A weekend Youthtown Club e.g. Art
- An after school club
- For formal sports coaching and/or mentoring
It’s simple. Just complete the online questionnaire and submit your details.
We will come back to you within 10 days to officially confirm your participation in and welcome you to, our Alumni.
For the first 200 confirmed Alumni members we will also send you a fabulous welcome gift.