Who We Are
Youthtown is a non-profit organisation set up to enrich the lives of young New Zealanders by providing them with opportunities for fulfilling physical, social and creative experiences.
Youthtown’s purpose is simple – to build a brighter future for every young New Zealander. Helping the country’s youth realise their potential is what drives our organisation and motivates our team.
Since first opening our doors in 1932, we’ve grown and evolved into one of New Zealand’s leading youth organisations. We’re highly regarded for the quality of our committed and passionate staff, our services and the programmes and events we offer.
Whether out on the water, in an art studio or on the basketball court, each of our programmes is designed to build self-esteem and confidence through participation.
At Youthtown we believe young people are the future of New Zealand and there’s no more important task than developing the next generation. That’s why we’re committed to helping all young Kiwis feel a sense of pride, respect and success.
Youthtown currently has branches in North Shore, Auckland Central, Panmure, Papakura, Taupo, Upper Hutt, Oamaru and Christchurch.
How We Do It
- Creating opportunities for young New Zealanders to realise their potential and become confident young people through physical, social and creative activities
- Improving the quality of the lives of children and teenagers through contact with our committed and passionate staff, and interaction with each other
- Inspiring creativity, love of the outdoors, a sense of pride and respect for each other
- Encouraging young people to participate in group activities, while providing avenues to develop individual skills, and celebrating success in both
- Developing sporting talent in children and teenagers and, along with it, their confidence, self-esteem and wider social and personal skills
- Maximising the opportunities presented by Youthtown’s decades of experience in working with youth, along with its safe supportive environment, in young people from all walks of life